Saturday, January 24, 2009

Who Was the Most Famous Pirate of All Time?


In my research, I found famous pirates, legendary pirates, successful pirates and a sundry list of pirates. One fact keeps surfacing in my quest to identify the most famous pirate of all time. Blackbeard is legendary and he holds the title as the most famous pirate of all time. If you have evidence to the contrary, please post it in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you and I want to get the facts straight.

I have highlighted a link above that leads to a very good story about Blackbeard. Please visit the site responsible for this article at www.thewayofpirates.com.

Who Was Blackbeard?
What do you know about his life?
Where did he live?
How many years was he a pirate?
How many wives did Blackbeard have?
Did Blackbeard ever find any hidden treasure?
How much booty did he plunder?

For answers to these questions, follow this blog as I post the answers in coming posts. I will unfold the history of the most famous pirate of all time until a full feature article on his life is finished. I invite you to contribute to this historical essay on Blackbeard.

Leave a comment below or email themidnightwriter1@gmail.com

Our next quest for February is to identify the most successful pirate of all time. I have already found the answer and will be featuring the story sometime next month. Meanwhile, I want to hear from you. If any one finds the same name that I found, that person can be a guest writer on this blog in February. I invite the winner in this quest to write the feature about the most successful pirate of all time will full byline and links to your site.

First Blackbeard Hint:
He had fourteen wives. What were their names and who was his last wife?

The Midnight Writer

No comments: