Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Getting the Kids Ready to go Back to School

The Author of this post is Darius Boone


This winter break seemed like it would never end. Just as my kids were excited about it starting, I was excited about it ending. I knew that my quality alone time awaited me and I was looking forward to it. A good week before school was to begin I held a group discussion with my kids about school. I tried to make it less mandatory but more fun instead, as the goal was simply to get them back into the groove of things. This method had much success as I found them often talking about their school return amongst each other. Sure some of their dialog included negative connotations about their return, but the idea was that at least they were talking about it and subconsciously preparing themselves. I tried to ease their minds of their anxieties by giving them personal examples of what I went through when I was coming off of a vacation during my school years. This showed them that everybody goes through the same things and decreased some of their burdens. My eagerness came with that familiar sound of the homes security system from Securitychoice.com going off in the morning before leaving the home. It reminded me that school was definitely back in session and that I would have my quiet time back again. Now it is time for my own personal vacation.

No comments: