Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Seeking Sacred and Mysterious Sites in our Travels

It was my intention to blog about many things on here, but as life goes I got caught in the stream of it. Now I am attempting to catch my breath, if even for a moment and get back to sharing the topics and stories that I intended to share here. If you have any suggestions, I sure would like to hear them.

Recently, Photo Gent and I passed through New Mexico, Arizona and now we're heading into Utah. For us, New Mexico is the "Land of Enchantment" but due to storms we did not have the opportunity to visit some of the sites as we had hoped. So we're re-scheduling a journey later in the year back to the Four Corners and Tres Piedras and the Taos area. Eagles Nest is a beautiful place to visit because the mountains are beautiful.

Wind storms and a blizzard turned our course away from the Four Corners where we hoped to camp for three to four days in hopes of fasting and praying. Cephas (that's the Photo Gent) and I wanted to walk among some ancient ruins while there and take some photos. We are really feeling that we need some time in the wilderness or mountains to reflect on the purpose and events and people in our lives.

This is a crucial turning point in our lives.

The Midnight Writer

No comments: